Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Interior Inspiration | The Living Room

 source

Hey Beauties! 

I'm currently right in the middle of redecorating my living room and it has been such a long and confusing process that I thought I would chat about it with you. For as long as I can remember, I have loved home decor and interior design, I really love expressing myself through the space I live in and having a clean, organized and well designed space has a huge impact on my mood. It's really strange but I truly feel less anxious and more motivated in a beautiful space I can call my own. It is so important that I feel comfortable in my home since between blogging and having a chronic illness I spend all of my time inside.

 I live in a converted mansion from 1910 and my living room is massive with high ceilings and an open feel so it can be quite difficult to decorate. I can't paint so I am stuck with yellowy-beige walls but I have a gorgeous wood fireplace, original floors and trimming all around the room. It has a very vintage feel and I like to play with that by using mismatched furniture and thrifted pieces that give a cozy, lived in but chic atmosphere. I try to stick to neutral colours like white and grey so that I can inject subtle colour - gold, silver, pale pink - with accessories. I also really like texture and mixing different ones to make it feel like a warm space to cuddle up and read a book. 


Overtime I have collected accessories and little bits and slowly used them to design the space I really want but now I am taking advantage of Target closing in Canada and I am going to pick up some things to help tie everything together. I will keep you guys updated on my progress but for now you can find me on Pinterest looking for inspiration. 

How do you decorate your space?
Share:
© La Belle Sirene | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig