Monday, 9 June 2014

How To: Makeup for Glasses




I have a confession to make... I wear glasses 100% of the time but you may have noticed that I never wear them in photographs. Why?

Because glasses are tricky things that can be difficult to work with, they are the first thing I see when I look at myself in the mirror, not my makeup. It has taken years and a whole lot of trial and error to find the right shape, size and colour of glasses that work on me. But, even after I found the answer I was still left wondering how to do my makeup. There is a general lack on information and a lot of misconceptions out there, like I always thought I should never bother with eyeshadow because it would disappear behind my frames. So not true.

So after a few months of playing around and quite a bit of research I have come up with some tips and tricks that I think can completely change the way we look at makeup for glasses.


- Mascara is key! It opens up the eyes and adds definition.
- Apply less on the lower lashes to prevent closing up the eyes.
- Don't forget to curl the lashes! It also adds to opening up the eyes.
- Keep your eyebrows groomed and filled in to add definition to the face.
- Stick to neutral toned eyeshadows so as not to compete with the frame.
- Want colour? Use lighter tones and blend well!
- Thinner frames = thinner eyeliner and vice versa.
- Apply nude eyeliner in the waterline to help open up the eyes and you will look more awake!
- Use shimmery eyeshadow to highlight the inner corner, the browbone and the center of the lower lid.
- When in doubt, go for a cat eye!
- Concealer under the eye is your best friend, glasses emphasise dark shadows.
-Blot away excess and then set your concealer and foundation so it doesn't rub off onto your frames.
- Don't be afraid to go for a bold lip!


I hope that some of these tips help you out if you are a glasses wearer, they have definitely changed my makeup game!



Share:
© La Belle Sirene | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig