Hey Beauties!
I think we all have those beauty brands that spark the excitement in our makeup addict hearts, the brands that we follow religiously and collect without fail. Personally, I have quite a few "ride or die" brands but one that has skyrocketed right to the top of the list is Anastasia Beverly Hills.
Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) jumped onto my radar in late 2014 when word of their brow pencils and contour palettes (the first of it's kind!) started to take over the Youtube universe. My makeup idols like Jaclyn Hill started preaching the praises of this newer brand and I was all over it, the only problem was ABH was no where to be found in Canada and the international shipping was just too hard to swallow.
My prayers for a Canadian retailer were finally answered when just last month Sephora started to stock all of the ABH a girl could ask for.
I immediately jumped on the liquid lipsticks (review coming soon) and then the second the infamous Anastasia eyeshadows were released, I placed a massive order.
While Anastasia is known for its eyeshadow palettes that tend to sell out in days, they also have an incredible range of single eyeshadows that rival other brands like MAC and Makeup Geek.
The Details
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Shadows retail for $16 CAD/$12 USD and come in 0.059oz(1.7g) individual refill pans that can be organized in custom storage systems like Z Palettes or even pre-made palettes from Anastasia.
There are 84 shades in an incredible range from neutral crease colors and basics to vibrant, bold pops of color and shimmer. The shades are divided into 8 formulations, each with their own unique textures and abilities. They are described as -
Ultra Matte - a blendable suede-like formula that provides a smooth, opaque matte finish
Velvet - a weightless formula with a buttery texture and soft sheen
Satin - a luminous formula that provides decadent color with a silk-like finish
Shimmer - a light-reflective, finely-milled formula that provides a lustrous finish
Sparkle - a smooth formula with light-reflecting particles that provide a dazzling finish
Metallic - a rich, velvety formula that provides a high shine finish
Titanium - a highly pigmented metallic shadow with a smooth texture and intense multi-dimensional shimmer
Duo-Chrome - a high intensity formula with color shifting, prismatic iridescence
The Haul & Swatches
I did some pretty extensive research before making my purchase and after looking up swatches for a few hours I had a list a mile long but I narrowed it down to 17 shades. The shades I picked up are (L-R) -
Birkin - an ultra-matte warm beige mauve
Fawn - an ultra-matte soft, neutral olive
Burnt Orange Matte - an ultra-matte pastel pink
Sienna - an ultra-matte earthy brown
Fudge - an ultra-matte rich warm brown
Babycakes - an ultra-matte pastel pink
Buon Fresco - an ultra-matte antique lavender
Dusty Rose - a velvet dusty lilac
Macaroon - a titanium pastel lavender
Pink Champagne - a titanium pinky beige shimmer
Chocolate Crumble - a titanium smoky amethyst
Chiffon - a titanium antique gold
Metal - a titanium silver gold
Blushing - a duo-chrome rosy lilac
Peach Sorbet - a metallic rose champagne
Emerald - a metallic rich forest green
Prussian Blue - a titanium reflective peacock blue
Thoughts
Can we just take a second to appreciate how stunning those shadows are? Every single one of the shadows I purchased is absolutely beautiful. They are richly pigmented and have fantastic opacity in one swipe. The mattes are incredibly smooth, buttery and soft, they blend seamlessly in seconds and practically do all of the work for you. The shimmer and metallic shades, especially the newest releases, are ultra-creamy and smooth with a beautiful foiled finish.
I could not be happier with my ABH shadows, they far exceeded my expectations and I can only see my collection growing. I really love that ABH is so dedicated to creating incredible products with incredible formulas and innovations. It means so much to me as a consumer and a makeup lover that they hold themselves to such high standards and they are constantly evolving, reformulating and improving.
You can purchase Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadows and other products at Sephora, Ulta, Macy's and ABH as well as in 25 different countries.
Pin Me Beauty!







