Hey Beauties!
Sometimes I just can't wrap my head around how quickly time truly flies. The past year has come and gone in the blink of an eye and now I will be getting married in just 30 days! Now that we are down to the final days, I need to nail down the makeup look I want to wear on the big day.
It's actually a rather important decision, especially for someone who loves makeup as much as I do. Imagine looking back at your wedding photos 20 years down the line and being shocked by the bright blue eyeshadow and hot pink lips you thought were an amazing idea. There are so many things to consider and so many looks to try so today I'm sharing my first option - an Old Hollywood Glam look with Charlotte Tilbury.
Charlotte Tilbury is the epitome of effortless, romantic glamour and that is exactly what I had in mind for my first look. I based the entire look off of soft smoky eye with a shimmery lid created using the Luxury Palette ($66 CAD) in the shade Uptown Girl.
The Luxury Palettes feature 4 harmonious shades (in various finishes) that offer a transitional day-to-night eye wardrobe. They are gorgeous palettes that can be used in a multitude of ways by either makeup aficionados or even new-comers as they include an easy to follow application guide. On the back of the palette, it labels each shade in order of application from prime to enhance to smoke and finally to pop.
Each Luxury Palette comes in a carefully curated "look" with the Uptown Girl palette focusing on champagne, oyster and smoky grey hues that work together to achieve a wearable, subtle smoky eye.
With such a classic eye, the options were endless when it came to the lips. The neutral tones gave me the ability to choose any shade of any colour but seeing as I was focusing on a more bridal look, I decided to stick with a nude.
The K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick ($39 CAD) in the shade Penelope Pink was the perfect "my lips but better" nude that everyone spends their lives searching for. Pair the beautiful shade with the signature formula and I had found my dream wedding lipstick.
The K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipsticks are the signature CT range, curated with modern and classic icons in mind. There is a shade for every leading lady from the silver screen to the runway and each lipstick bears one of their names (Victoria, Sienna, Nicole etc).
Their one-of-a-kind formula is based on one secret ingredient, the fruit of the Lipstick Tree. A tropical plant that is packed with antioxidants that help naturally protect the lips from UV damage and pollution. This ingredient, when combined with a special blend of waxes delivers a lipstick with an unparalleled creamy texture, ultra smooth application and great comfort.
While I fell head over heels for the nude lip, I wanted to take the Old Hollywood theme a step further and try out a classic red lip.
I chose the Hot Lips Lipstick ($39 CAD) in the shade Carina's Love and I cannot express how gorgeous it truly is!
The Hot Lips range features a luminous, modern matte formula in stunning shades from nudes to reds. These matte lipsticks are unlike any others in that they have a soft, velvety matte finish but it is accented with a luminous lit from within glow that seems to defy the traditional understanding of a matte lip. 3D glowing pigments help give that radiant finish and make your lips appear fuller and smoother.
The Hot Lips formula features the same secret ingredient as the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range but these lipsticks contain additional oils and triglycerides to give them an ultra comfortable feel. The Hot Lips range is also designed to give off incredible, bold pigmentation and a buildable, long lasting finish.
So there you have it, look number 1 on my bridal beauty list. What style of makeup did you wear on your big day and which lipstick would you choose?
*a massive thank you to Charlotte Tilbury for providing these products*







