Hey Beauties!
No matter what sort of makeup look I am going for there are a few key products that I just can't live without. Whether I'm getting full glam or just applying a few simple go-to goodies I will always need a little bit of concealer, a brow product or two, mascara, a lipstick and a good helping of highlight.
I genuinely believe that a dusting of highlighter can make you look like a million bucks even after a long day at work or a restless night. So with this in mind, I am always looking to pick up the latest "must-have" highlighter and my wish list is a mile or so long.
Right at the very top of that list was the Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest Of The Sea Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette so it didn't take long for it to hop into my cart.
The Tarte Cosmetics Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette ($50 CAD/$42 USD) is a stunning highlighting trio containing 3 universal shades to help you achieve strobed (highlighted) perfection.
There are 2 gorgeous shimmer shades and 1 matte setting powder housed in an absolutely breathtaking gold metallic compact with a beautiful aqua blue wave on the cover and a full sized mirror.
The shimmer shades (2 x 0.085 oz) are stunning and truly shine like stars giving your skin a bright, luminous glow. The two perfecting powders have a very fine shimmer that melts into the skin with no glitter or obvious flecks. They are super smooth and creamy to the touch and while they are beautifully pigmented they are also easily layered and blended for your desired intensity. You can quickly and easily achieve a subtle glow or an out of this world spotlight.
The lightweight powders are truly incredibly silky and once you get through the first layer they feel like butter and they apply beautifully without being patchy or dry.
The lefthand shade in the palette is Sunlight, (a dupe for the Mary Lou Manizer) a lovely light gold (almost champagne) with warm yellow undertones. It the more subtle of the two.
The righthand shade is Moonlight, a gorgeous light medium peachy gold with warm tones that almost resemble a rosy gold. It is the more shimmery powder of the two.
The two shades are beyond gorgeous on their own but mixed together they are breathtaking. They are also best suited for light to medium skin tones but can be used on darker complexions.
The third shade in the palette is a matte setting powder (0.20 oz) that is intended to brighten and correct any darkness or sallowness under the eyes and around the face. It is called Filtered Light and it is a lovely light yellow beige with a matte finish. The shade itself is really beautiful, it has just enough yellow to brighten without overpowering lighter skin tones.
The texture of the powder is not quite as fantastic as the other shades in the palette. It has a rather dry, powdery texture that is slightly hard and chalky at first touch. It is also not quite as pigmented but I actually like that for a setting powder. After playing with the palette I have found that the powder becomes much softer and more manageable after scratching the top layer away. It leaves a much silkier powder that melts into the skin without drying it out.
This could be thanks to Tarte's Rainforest Of The Sea Complex which provides hydration, environmental defines and a brightening finish thanks to an antioxidant complex of marine algae and flower extracts. Tarte has infused this complex into many of their products including their Lip Splash Lipsticks which I reviewed (and LOVED) here.
(L-R Sunlight, Filtered Light, Moonlight - tilt your screen back to really see the glow)
In the photo below I am wearing Filtered Light as my setting powder under the eyes, Sunlight all over the cheekbone and temple and Moonlight directly on the apple of the cheek, the tear duct, nose and cupids bow.
So as a girl who can't get enough glow and collects highlighters like candy, I can say without a doubt that the Tarte Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette is an absolute winner! I do wish the setting powder was a bit more on the buttery side but the shimmer shades are absolutely stunning! They give such an incredible, radiant glow to the face and they just melt into the skin.
If you love a good glow or even if you just want to test the waters, I highly recommend the Tarte Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette.
You can purchase the Tarte Skin Twinkle Highlighting Palette at Tarte and Sephora.




